I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Have I told you lately...

how much I love my children's daddy? (Yes, Dad, I tell the kids :-) )Bub was having some issues with some kids on his football team and we decided that he needed to talk to his coach man to man. When Bub gets nervous his speech can be difficult to understand and he was concerned that he wouldn't be able to say what he needed to. Steve came home from work, barely set his stuff down, greeted me and went out to have a chat with him before practice. He didn't even change clothes, he just wanted to make sure they could completely talk it out before they went to talk to coach together. I was sneaky, took my camera with me to the mailbox and snapped it before they saw me(I have an excellent zoom lense). The talk with coach went well by the way, and you can tell just by looking at Bub now that he knows things have been taken care of.


As promised, here is our preschooler area. We have the little rocking chair, preschool sized pillows and as I like to call them - the Busy Bins. Each bin has a different activity and every so often I switch things up so the activities don't lose their staying power.

Currently, in some of the bins, we have lacing boards...

Small books and board books...

Clipboards with scratch paper and stencils and another bin with a puzzle...

Blocks for building...

and what preschooler wouldn't be happy with a view finder complete with Clifford and Thomas the Train scenes?

I have found the more activities I have for my preschoolers that involve fine motor skills, the easier time they have writing when they get to school age. The puzzles help with problem solving in math and the view finder and blocks help with coordination, imagination and problem solving as well. There is also a mini trampoline and jumprope out there as our current preschooler is a boy and physical activity is worth it's weight in gold during school time. Sometimes a boy just needs to move before he can settle. (Girls like jumping too!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Can I say I love you? What a great idea for your preschooler. Im so doing that. Mine will be three in a few months and school is getting harder and harder to do with him around. This looks great!!

Julie
From The Conservative Life! :)