I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 9 - keep on keeping on

Lil recently did the girls' hair before bed to match their favorite American Girl books. I was impressed with her effort and think she did a great job.

In spending news, things are going alright although I am going to have to keep an eye on the food budget. We are nearly half way into the budget and only a little over 1/4 of the way through the month. It always seems to take me about ten days of errands here and there to get my supplies for the month. Day six included an evening with pizza for our one day out. I got so tired from canning pears that when we all descended on the homefront that pizza sounded like a great prescription. That was a $15.98 hit to the pocketbook and then on Day 7 we spent $5.85 on snacks. I think we are still doing pretty well. We received 3 garbage bags full of clothes in little man's next size from free cycle yesterday.

I also did my mystery shop oil change last night. They pay me to tell them how they did. I graciously accepted their payment though it did cost me emotionally last night. Their reporting system gives you 30 minutes to finish the report. At 27 minutes I lost internet connection just as I was submitting and lost the whole report. Let's just say I had a less than stellar reaction. I am a little embarrassed to say that crying was involved. I again wrote the report, this time in 22 mintues and the day was saved. There is something to be said for going to bed before ten when you need to be up at five the next morning. I did not heed that wisdom the night before and was running on empty last night. Add to that Lij getting up 3 times last night and not feeling well and you have one tired momma today.

We did start school yesterday and had a great time. We spent some time praying together about the new year, planning field trips and making collages. We did some math, took placement tests, did phonics and the kids read for awhile. It was a nice relaxing first day. Even Lij seemed to enjoy it. He did some preschool work, played with modeling clay, did some lacing and colored in his book.

I am off to start the day. Coffee is on the menu and since Lij just finally feel asleep again I am going to wander into the kitchen to get things started.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

OK, so how do you get hooked up w/ the oil change mystery shop? I need that one!!!!