I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Days 4 and 5 with success

The last two days things have gone pretty well. Day 4 was my trip to the homeschool store two hours away. I had planned to pick up an iced coffee for the trip up. Time ran out however, and not wanting to be late to meet my friend who was going with me, I decided to forego said coffee. I had packed along two water bottles for us so as not to be tempted to stop and get something to drink later. I also had planned that we would need to stop and get something to eat. We stopped at a sandwhich shop and decided to share a large sandwhich. To my surprise when we got to the counter to pay my friend informed me that since I drove she would buy my lunch. I was thrilled and that left day 4 with only school purchases. I was home in time for dinner and cooked as planned.

Day 5 had some grocery expenses again but otherwise was a success day as well. I busied myself finishing up the school room. It is coming along and I am pleased with how it looks. Hubby plans to hang more lights in there for me this afternoon and finish setting up our little computer network and printer. Monday is just around the corner and we are all looking forward to it. The kids have been begging to get started. A good sign I think. Everyone is ready for a more stuctured routine.

This morning most of us are off to can pears while Bub and Daddy go to a football event. We will all meet back here this afternoon to work in the school room and various other activities. I am thinking of trying my hand at drying some fruit as we have a tree full of prunes and a tree full of apples.

Today's Menu
Breakfast - scrambled eggs, cheese and ham on english muffins (also bananas for those who like them)
Lunch - our one time eating out this week
Dinner - Chicken stir fry (that can of water chestnuts in the back of the pantry needs to be used)

I am taking out a roast for tomorrow. I sure do love that crock pot. Depending on time I may also make a breakfast casserole to put in the fridge for tomorrow morning. Less effort on Sundays is a nice tradition. For dinner we will make a taco dip that we love and it's perfect for a lighter Sunday night meal.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ang, you're doing great. You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work and diligence.