I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 3 Temptation ensues

Day 3 and we are purchase free for today but this no spending thing is hard. I found myself wanting to look for a new swimsuit. Mine is falling apart inside but unless I find one a thrift shop this one will have to do. The suit is still quite usable but last month I could have purchased one, this month I will wait. Who knows, I may find a steal at a thrift shop and I find that challenge interesting.

I have also given up soda for the most part this month and today was one of those days that I really would have liked one as a pick me up in the afternoon. But I perservered and didn't ask hubby to get one on the way home. Instead he came home and made me an iced mocha from scratch. What a guy!

We have not dined out yet. We are allowed once per week. I even packed a lunch to eat on the way to the waterpark yesterday when convenience would have served me well.

Today's menu
Breakfast: Breakfast burritos and bananas
Lunch: Turkey sandwhiches
Dinner: Crockpot roast with onions, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad

Tomorrow's menu
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Packed lunches with sandwhiches, string cheese and fruit (kids at their aunt's and me heading to a homeschool store out of town)
Dinner: Hamburger helper (I know, not my first choice either but I possibly won't be home for dinner, it's in the back of the pantry and the kids like it; time for it to go.)

Onward and upward people. We can do it!

No comments: