I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Word to the Wise

I placed eggs in a pan on a burner, filled it halfway with water and then turned said burner on to high. But forgetting to set the timer and letting it boil for more than 30 minutes can never turn out well.

I was working away in another room when I heard, between loud unidentified pops, my oldest say, "Mom, I think you better come here and quick!"
Thank goodness no one was hurt in the boiling of these eggs. It was a good reminder to stay focused on one thing at a time and to tell the kids about kitchen safety. And that was our Home Economics lesson for the day.

No comments: