I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

It takes less time than you think.

So often, I think that organizing projects will take more time than I have. In reality, most of the time they don't take as long as I expect. Changing sheets really only takes several minutes. That was downright shocking to me when I found that out. There is no excuse for not washing them more often. We do have 6 beds regularly used so 24 minutes every week or two isn't time I can't find. It's a bummer too what with all my excuse making about not having time to wash them. It's a shame I put these projects off because the results are worth the time that I put into it.

This cabinet has been driving me crazy for obvious reasons. Mostly it has been laziness when unloading the dishwasher. It was a sad, sad thing this cabinet. I decided to tackle it yesterday once and for all to keep me sane. I unloaded and re-loaded it finding lids and mates for containers.

This was the finished result. For goodness sake, it took me less than 10 minutes. 10 minutes people!!! I now know that I do not need any more storage containers as I once thought and in fact I even unloaded a few lidless ones making a little more room. I have decided that I should pick one small project like this each week. Nothing too time consuming. Just a cabinet here and a drawer there. I waste so much time managing things, I think this investment of time will pay off.


I then ended the afternoon taking care of these two scallawags. They woke up from their naps with fevers and had a rough transition time to awakedom. Off to my bed I say! Thirty minutes there watching PBS did the trick and they are feeling much better today. Doesn't Lij look pitiful?

No comments: