I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Having her things about her.

We have had a problem around here for quite some time. This girl below likes to sleep with things around here. There is really no discrimination either where items are concerned. Dolls, toys, books, the occasional spatula or whisk. Seriously, it only gets worse from there. We have the nightly bed clearing when she heads to dreamland. Recently, we told her no more. She may have a few dolls or stuffed animals but that's it. The girl really likes having her things about her, however. This is what I found when I went to check on her the next night.

Technically, those toys are not on her bed. Darn those technicalities.


Naughty girl! You've got to love her ingenuity. She didn't really care for the news that the smuggled toys would have to be put away despite her ability to think outside the box.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute, ha ha!

Erin said...

We have a child like her as well. We never had to install any rules. I'm thinking the sleeping a top matchbox cars (ouch) was enough of a detterant from doing it again.