I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Before and After.

I believe that I have shown this picture before but it is a shot from our appraisal when we bought this house. Last night, Steve and I looked at it and are amazed that we saw potential in this place. We both agreed that it must have been God because with 10 mnutes of being on the property we knew we needed to put in an offer.


Here is a view from approximately the same spot. We now have a play structure out there that blocks getting a picture from the same spot.

It looks a little different these days.
It is getting more and more usable each day. We are looking forward to some fun family and friend BBQ's back here this summer and for summers to come.
We spend a lot of time around the firepit already and we used it this last winter at times. Having a fire back here makes it possible to use this space more often, even when it's cold.


When we sold our last house it was very hard. It was our first home and we had picked out most everything as it was built. 4 of our 6 children joined our family in that house. I have always had a difficult time leaving houses. I know that you take your memories with you but I am sentimental when it comes to homes I suppose. And I think that's the key. For me, each place is not just a house, it's a home and that makes it harder to say goodbye when it's time to move on. We are slowly making this place our home and there is no place I would rather be.

1 comment:

Daughtersfather said...

That is so incredible. It's a gift to see what can be...and stick with it until it becomes reality. Great job!