I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

No fear.

With all of the sprucing up going on around here, the roof was high on the list of things to do. We have a lot of tall oak trees around here and they drop branches and "stuff" all year long. We didn't want any of that blowing off onto the newly cleaned up and restained deck. Steve is still recovering and needs to be careful with repetitive motion.

The twins practically begged to be able to do that job. They wanted to do it so badly and Steve felt they were old enough so up they went.


At one point, I thought I might pass out while watching them as I do not appreciate their excitement for being up there. Prayer was my job the entire time they were up there.

They had a great time obviously.

Quite frankly, they looked too comfortable for my taste. But I can't complain. I now am the proud owner of a clean roof and my kids love that they got to do this job.

3 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Going on the roof is both exciting and a little scary (at least, it's a little scary for me [smile]). But I can totally see why they'd have a blast, it really is cool to be up there.

~Luke

Ginger said...

I meant to ask you why you don't have them do your hubby's work? You have a boy, for heaven's sake! :)
We have Isaac do a ton of manual labor. He loves it! Boys just love to work and sweat.

heartchild said...

You are right about that, Ginger! Our guy loves manual labor, the harder the work the better, especially if an adult is working with him.