I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Memories for a lifetime.

Steve called on his way home and asked what I thought about making caramel apples with the kids last night. I said sure, why not? We have apples left on the tree, so he picked up a couple bags of caramels and we had all the supplies.

It's amazing how a few apples, a bag of caramels and some sticks can excite my kids.

They all hovered around watching their dad stir the melting caramel.

The apples looked so festive all dressed up, don't you think?

The kids loved it and even better yet, four of their cousins came over to visit awhile and we made some extra for them. It was timely too as we had studied seeds in our Art/Bible curriculum this week. We listened to a Johnny Appleseed book and I read to them the story of the Mustard Seed while they worked on their art this week. One more great memory tied in with learning.

No comments: