I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Fresh air does wonders.

This morning things started off well at 6:30am, but by 9am my motivation was waning. It was time to start school and I didn't have it in me. I decided to pack everyone up for a nature walk and get our blood pumping.

We trekked out for a mile looking for leaves, identifying plants and talking about the differences between evergreen and deciduous trees.

On the last leg of our walk, Lil had the idea to press the leaves that we were finding when we got home. I thought it was a great idea. The kids dried the leaves between papertowels, rolled them with rolling pins between some wax paper and put them in Steve's and my old yearbooks. We will check on them in a few days and see how they look. I think I am ready for Creation History and Math now.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I never even saw you, you'd think I would. Looks like you had fun.