I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, October 24, 2008

I cried.

We finished reading the biography of George Muller yesterday. The kids have the loved the book and were disappointed when we would stop at just 1 or 2 chapters. It was a captivating book for us for many reasons but the kids were moved by at the way God changed his heart when he was young and then at how his faith grew. Bub was telling me the other day that he can't believe that people could question that there is a creator when you hear of how George would pray and how God would provide the exact need at the exact time it was needed. They marveled at how the orphanage was provided for only by praying and asking God and not asking man.

When we got to the part where George died, I had to stop and take a breath. It brought tears and even though he died over 100 years ago it still impacted me today.

This was a great read aloud and I highly recommend it.

No comments: