I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Nine years ago today...

1. I gave birth for the first time.

2. I was scared out of my mind at what the future would hold.

3. I held her tiny hand.

4. I was scared to name her.

5. I felt empty.

6. I was grateful.

7. I hurt deeply.

8. I had hope.

9. I prayed like I never had before.

Nine years ago today our first daughter was born into this world much too early at twenty five weeks. She was gorgeous and so tiny at just one pound and six grams. She had brown hair like mine.

Nine years ago today I became a mother.

2 comments:

Aminta said...

Lovely Post......
I too became a first time mother nine years ago this last April. But the hand I held was a chubby one of a baby ready and ripe. Born on her due date, my little Faith was and is perfectly imperfect.
Loves to you on such a special day.
God be with you and give you hope and peace.
I am off to read MORE of your blog. :)
Hugs,
Aminta

Brooke said...

Beautiful!