I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, August 22, 2008

It's contagious.

Love that is.



I have been trying to come up with some ways to show my kids how much I love them. Somehow the laundy being done, cooking for them and making sure their clothing fits doesn't quite hit the mark. Kids want to know that you love them, individually love them. The other day I was in the laundry room and I noticed that someone had left a notebook and pencil on the counter. They had scribbled a note on it, a menu item I think, from when they were playing restaurant. I wasn't for sure about who the owner of said notebook was but decided to proceed anyway.
I wrote this note, short and to the point:
"I love my kids.
Love, Mom"
Not to anyone individually I realize but it has to start somewhere. Els came to me later holding up the notebook and asked if I had written the note. I said yep and kept about what I had been doing noting her smile. The above note very shortly appeared in the kitchen and it said:
"I Love my mom. I Love my Dad. I Love my hole family. Love, Ellie"
Love is contagious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. I left a note to Caed once and the other day I saw it in his drawer--he had saved it. Melted my heart.

Thanks for the comment on my latest post. =)

~Kelli

musicmommy3 said...

I can't wait till Gid can say I love you. It's hard that he still can't. :(

He does love us all. He just can't say it. :)