I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Vacation

I know I have mentioned it before but if you can get away with your family for a week or so it is totally worth it. There seems to be this magical thing that happens when you get past day 5. The everyday things that we are used to and just co-exist with start to fade away. I watch the here and there bickering disappear and deeper relationships form. School, normal chores, technology (sort of as I sit here blogging on my laptop) are all on the backburner. Three and four days away are always good. Those times relieve the everyday pressures. But doesn't it seem that just when you finally relax and settle in it's then that you have to go home? That's why I love it when we can get away for seven days.

As I write here at the dining table, my two youngest are playing with toys on the floor while I am watching the older three search the tide pools in the bay while the tide is out. Steve is getting ready for the day and music is playing in the background. The pressures that I feel at home are slowly washing away with each ebb and flow of the waves. I hope to find my vision again somewhere among the tide pools of my mind.

No comments: