I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ending the break with fun

Our break was heavy with projects this year. The kids had lots of outside time play but the parents were busy with moving rooms, building a room and general organization. We wanted the kids to end break on a high note. Friday night two cousins from Steve's side of the family came over.

A couple of the girls baked cookies for everyone wearing aprons from a great grandmother and a great-great grandmother. They weren't having any fun as you can tell.


Later on they all participated in a Wii challenge. Meanwhile, the youngest two kiddos got to watch a DVD on daddy's laptop in an upstairs bedroom. They loved that!
Saturday, we got to play with two of a neighbor friend's adorable girls. An 8 month old baby and a 2 year old toddler. Later on we had my sister and her family over for a BBQ and a round of Settlers of Catan (our new favorite game). Their oldest daughter spent the night with us and we took her home after church the next day. The kids had Awana games practice and then it was a relaxing evening of eating and resting. It was a very busy weekend but a great way to end a busy week. I think the kids are ready for our regular routine. I know I am!

No comments: