I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break

Spring Break will be all about organization for me this year. I know that not all homeschoolers take a spring break but it makes sense for me to have the week. There are so many projects that I need to do and things that have fallen behind so a week devoted to that helps me keep my sanity.


I will be making some freezer meals for dinner as well as some breakfast meals for the freezer. We did a major project this last weekend to get ready for moving around in the house to accomodate our family better. This included moving my school room inventory into the house and I am still figuring our where to house it. We will be moving two kids into a different bedroom and that means cleaning out and organizing their things once more.


I am also working on a garage sale which is a tad humorous since I vow each year that I will never have one again. However, we have been going through ancient boxes and de-cluttering and there is so much that it makes sense to have one again.


The list is long but I hope to have some fun with the kids as well.


I'll leave you with a picture of Em on our recent trip to the coast. I told her that she could read for awhile until she got tired. As you can see on the clock, she was enjoying her book very much. (That's 10:45pm!)

No comments: