I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Works for me Wednesday

I haven't done one of these in awhile and thought it woud be fun. I love getting great tips from others on tricks of the trade that help them do what they do.

1) Use dryer sheets at least twice and before throwing them away wipe down my TV's with them.

2) Rinse the dryer lint trap with dishsoap once per month. Removing the residue from dryer sheets helps dryers dry faster saving money in the long run.

3) Plastic bags from the grocery store make great garbage can liners.

4) I have a box in the garage for donation items. As I am cleaning the house I will pop items in the box that we no longer need. I throw the box in the back of my van when it is full and the next time I am in town I drop it off.

5) Wash one fridge shelf per week. It keeps the fridge moderately clean all the time and when I keep up it I never have one big cleaning to do.

6) Make ahead waffles. Got this one from the hubster. He almost always makes breakfast on Saturdays. On waffle day he makes lots and lots extra and freezes them. Then when we have busy mornings or I am not feeling well, the kids can pop them in the toaster and have a warm breakfast with very little effort.

7) Freezer meals. This is one of those spend a few minutes now, save hours later kind of deals. It does take planning and prep but spending a few hours here and there really does save me so much time and money.

8) Hanging out clothes on the line on nice days. This one does take more effort and only saves about $.40 per load but I have noticed that our clothing lasts longer I am able to do this. I usually only do this from about May-September. Most of that time I am not schooling so I have more time to do it and have found that it is therapeutic.

If you have any tricks of the trade to add please do so in the comments. I love new ideas!

No comments: