I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Progress is good (recipe below)

So far so good.
My plans are coming together and I feel a little bit like Hannibal Smith from the A Team. "I love it when a plan comes together." (minus the cigar of course.)


The boys have been successfully moved into their new room and I have put five meals into the freezer. Two Ginger Beef, two Teriyaki Chicken (recipe below) and one Sweet Asian Chicken. We know we love the teriyaki but I will post recipes for the other two when we find out if we like them. They are new to us recipes that I got out of my Fix, Freeze, Feast book (Thanks for the great birthday gift, Mom and Dad!). As you can see, I used my Food Saver for the meals. It makes storing the food a piece of cake and I can easily read what everything is when it is stacked in the freezer.
Today I am tackling the rest of my garage/workout/canning/homeschool storage area. How is that for a multi-purpose spot?
Teriyaki sauce for my family of 7 with some leftovers
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 medium cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons oil
Place 3 lbs meat (chicken or beef) and let it sit in the marinade for at least an hour(2-3 hours is better) before grilling. When making for the freezer we place the meat in foodsaver bags, seal and freeze right away. Take it out on the day you want to grill. By the time it is thawed the meat will be nice and marintated. We also use this sauce for shish-ka-bobs. We just cut up the meat and marinate it the same. We save the marinade after we have put the meat and veggies on the soaked sticks and use it to brush the bobs while they grill. They are heaven on a stick!

No comments: