I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Random acts of nothing

I have been trying to do posts all week but blogger isn't letting me post pictures. It just keeps giving me errors. Words will have to make do for me I suppose.

We are getting ready for a beach trip for ten days. We have never had that much time away at once so we are pretty excited. (Beware internet thieves. We have a house sitter so rest assured our canned green beans and homeschooling supplies will be well protected. Such a pampered life we lead, I know.)

Basketball season for Lil is coming to a close. It has been a fantastic season for her and a God send since last year was pretty awful. Last year her coach rarely showed up and then screamed at the girls from the sidelines because they weren't doing anything she hadn't taught them. You know, totally fair. Anyway, this year, the two young ladies who have been coaching have impressed us. They have been reliable and fun and most of all have earned the respect of all of the girls on their team. They are undefeated so far with only one game to go. "LNA, uh!" (Team cheer, Lil knows what I mean!)

We are coming out of going through a round of sickness though I am happy to say it seemed rather mild and only half got the colds and half the upset stomachs. Containment is key to my sanity. That and a cold Diet Shasta.

I have been doing lots of "cook ahead" foods for our trip. The less cooking I have to do there the better. Also, cooking ahead means less ingredients that I have to pack. The kids have also been working ahead. They have worked very hard so that they can have this time away off from school. We will only take our language arts and read-a-louds with us. I am proud of them for having a goal and working to achieve it.

So that's it in a nutshell. Lots of living going on around here. Hopefully I can figure out what's going on with my pictures so I can post about our recent trip to the Fish Hatchery.

No comments: