I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ringing in the New Year



We stayed at the coast house that we visit a few times a year. We get to use the house as part of a work share and because my husband's mother manages the home. We do not take it for granted that we are allowed to stay there. My sister and her family came to stay with us while we rang in the new year.


We did the usual relaxing by the windows watching the ocean.



It wouldn't be vacation (or morning, really) if I didn't have my iced frap.



The house is on a bay and most of the time there is a beach in front of the rocks. The tide comes in especially high this time of year and completely fills the bay sometimes spashing water over the rocks. The kids enjoyed going out into the mist and standing above the rocks to watch the water.

You can stand in silence and watch if forever it seems.


Tomorrow I will post about what four of the kids were looking at in the above picture. For now I will leave you with several shots of the sunsets we enjoyed through the view out of the front windows.





No comments: