I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, January 18, 2010

On a mission

The mission of tackling Mt. Washmore that is. Laundry is not going to go away and lately I have been trying to climb the summit to place my flag and claim victory. I am almost there.

Weeks ago I got frustrated with running out of hangers. I almost bought more hangers and then thought better of it. We have a lot of hangers. If we are running out then it really is a no brainer. We have too much clothing and need to reduce the inventory.

Getting rid of clothing in this house, however, is a tricky task. A few of my kids develop attachments to anything that was a gift, including clothing. So, I deal with it in the most straighforward way I know how. I remove fading, out of size items one at a time while hanging up clothing as it comes out of the dryer. The kids normally hang up their own clothing but I took over that part to accomplish this task in the least painless way as possible.

Slowly things are making their quiet way to the donation and storage boxes in the garage. So far there have only been a few moments of despair as things have made their way to the boxes.

No comments: