I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What's for dinner?

BBQ Beef. That's what. I love this recipe that I got from my sister-in-law and it's pretty simple. I sometimes double this recipe and freeze the filling for quick dinners later on. I didn't have any hamburger buns at the time that I made this so I just made some homemade dense rolls instead.


BBQ Beef on Buns
9 servings

3 # Chuck Roast, boneless
1/2 c. Dehydrated Onion
1/2 c. Celery - chopped
Water
1 1/2 c. Ketchup
1/4 c. Brown Sugar, packed
1/4 c. Vinegar
2 T. Dry Mustard
2 t. Worcestershire Sauce
2 t. Salt
1 t. Chili Powder
1/2 t. Paprika
1/2 t. Garlic Salt

Place roast, onion & celery in Dutch oven. Add just enough water to cover roast. Cook covered for 3 hours. Remove meat; reserve liquid. Trim and shred meat and return to Dutch oven. Add 2 cups reserved liquid. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Cool. Put into 3 qt. freezer bags. Freeze.

To prepare:
Thaw. Heat in a sauce pan for 30 minutes, or until thick. If mixture becomes too thick, add 1-2 T. water. Serve on grilled hamburger buns.

No comments: