I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

10 years

It's been ten years today since we lost our sweet little girl, Olivia. She was so tiny and fragile yet her impact was so deep and strong. October is Miscarriage and Infant Loss Awareness Month and today, October 15, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day. Take a moment if you will and hug your children, grandchildren or a child close to you. They are so precious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In many ways it doesn't seem so long ago. Our lives were forever changed. Loss does that. God promises to be with us through all things, he doesn't promise to save us from pain. Some day, sweet Olivia, we shall see you again!

Angela said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. She is just beautiful.

daughtersfather said...

All I could do was cry. Even though we are in the "new normal," I still wish for the innocence of the old normal.

Suzanne G said...

Thank you so much for sharing, We lost our Heather 14 years ago, she was 12. I often close the door to my heart, to forget. And I know I should not.
Thank you
Suzanne