I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Coming out my ears

At the end of October it looked like a frost was on it's way so I covered our tomatoes with plastic so I could get just a few more that were turning. Well life got busy and I hadn't had time to check on them. So last weekend when we were making grape juice at my mother-in-law's house I went out to our extra patch at her house and this is what I came home with.

I wasn't prepared for so many to have ripened. I am grateful though. I was able to make more tomato sauce. 8 more pints, 7 half pints, plus 58 ounces of tomato puree that I used for our Chicken Tortilla soup and I still have one bucket left.
Stay tuned if you are interested in a canning recap. Keeping track on my blog is a great way for me to see how much gardening yielded how much produce so I can plan for next year.

No comments: