I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More Chicago

The shopping in Chicago is not lacking. I had to take a picture of the Skechers store for my oldest girl. She would have loved to have spent time there. For some reason that has nothing to do with me, she loves Skechers.

Our last evening in the city we went to dinner at the House of Blues. The music was excellent and the food even better. Steve had a rack of ribs and I had the teriyaki salmon. Both plates were incredible and I dare say mine was one of the best meals of my life.


The next picture is of a monument honoring those in the military. It also serves as a place to warm the birds but it was very touching to see it. The flame is always lit and the stone slab is inscribed along the edges.


While I am not much of a city gal, Chicago was a lot of fun to see.

No comments: