So I decided that I want to go back and recap some of the highlights of the last year. We had some friends over for New Year's Eve and at midnight we went around and everyone said what their favorite thing of 2008 was. I drew a blank. It must have been the mind numbing game of Phase 10 at midnight. Surely we had a lot of fun. What's wrong with me? So now that the pressure is off here are the hightlights.
1) Began homeschooling the twins in January. This was scary and exciting all at the same time.
2) Spent a weekend with my Mom and sisters for our annual girls shopping and laughing weekend.
3) Took a fantastic trip to Leavenworth as a family. Gorgeous scenery and much relaxing fun had.
4) In April track was in full swing for the twins as well as school for Steve.
5) Bub won a meet taking him on to the state track meet. Both of the twins had a great season.
6) We celebrated hubby's sister graduation from college in June with a really fun party with lots of old friends and family.
7) July started out with us hanging out with friends for a few days at the beach. The middle had Steve and I celebrating our 11th anniversary and it ended with an incredible camping trip with the kids.
8) August was full of more camping and the exciting news that my sister was expecting their second child after years of infertility.
9) Football was in full swing in September. Bub had a great season this year and learned a lot. We also started homeschooling all of the children. Rewarding and challenging for me in a good way.
10) October held more games and a really meaningful Sunday at a friend's church for a Pottersfield presentation.
11) Steve took a day off in November for us to go on a field trip to a local university for the morning. We went and watched a football game at the same university with the older three kids for an exciting game on national television. This month also brough the diabetes diagnosis that has changed the way we live. Found so early this was a God send and we all feel lots better.
12) December brought the start of basketball for Lil as well as lots of time with family and friends.
That's it in a nutshell folks. Blessings to you in 2009!