I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A husband who rocks and a winner!

Wintertime is always time for indoor projects for us and this winter is not exception. Steve had the week off after Christmas and he set to work. He painted the family room and the downstairs laundry/bathroom.

Then to ice the cake he built me a folding counter. We have yet to pick a surface for the top but it is getting lots of use already.


He also put in a closet rod so I can hang up certain items as soon as they come out of the dryer. Beautiful. Just beautiful. This counter is saving mine and the kids' backs while we fold and everything stays in neat little piles until they are put away.
He also put an in the wall ironing board for me which made me smile for days. No more taking the rickety ironing board out. Plus it has a spot with metal sides that holds the hot iron when we are done so it can be put away right away. Amazing. Really it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Organization makes me a little giddy and this project didn't let me down. I would post a picture but the front is currently off being stained to match our trim.
But on to more important business. There is the issue of a winner of the giveaway celebrating one year of this blog. We placed all of the entries into a fancy cereal bowl and pulled out a winner. Musicmommy you are it! Email me at samaddox at yahoo dot com with your address and I will send your prize to you. Congratulations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder where you got that ironng board idea.........

Brooke said...

i'm such a loser, i missed that whole contest thing. i guess that's what happens when the computer goes on the fritz right before vacation.