I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

When hubby has a week and a half off from work.

My blogging has taken a vacation. Steve has ten days off from work although it may not feel like it to him. He has been tackling some home projects like a mad man. I now have a new in the wall ironing board that is absolutely fantastic. No more taking the ironing board in and out of the laundry room.

Yesterday we (and when I say we, I mostly mean he) painted our family room. It was touch and go for awhile as my paint selection appeared questionable at first but had a great finish. It has turned out very nice and we are wondering why we didn't do it sooner. It now feels so warm and cozy in there that I'm not sure the rest of the house will see us much.

Tonight we are having friends over for games and tomorrow holds a winter time BBQ to celebrate the new year. We enjoyed some unusual to Christmas time snow. It was a lot fun for the kids as they spent their mornings, on the days we had some accumulation, building snowmen and throwing snowballs.

My blogging will pick up in the days ahead but in the meantime I hope this little post will hold you over.

No comments: