I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lifting my spirits.


I have been feeling a little blue lately. I think I have a bit of cabin fever. We usually take a trip during the Christmas season even if it's only for a few days. This year we decided to stay home and work on projects as we are planning a larger trip this summer. It seems that my body and mental state are used to taking that trip. It felt really good to get the things accomplished that we did but it seems that I gain a lot of perspective when we go away for a few days.

Sunday was a gorgeous sunny day though cold. Really cold. But after our naps Steve went outside and decided that it would be a great evening to burn a pile of things that we have been waiting to burn in the firepit. We all bundled up and headed out.
Doesn't that look inviting? It really was. We were in and out making dinner and different kids got to spend one on one time with Dad by the fire. It was toasty by the fire but quite a bit less toasty a few feet away. But it didn't matter. It was just nice to get outside and enjoy some time together.

Of course, no first outside fire of the year would be complete without roasting marshmellows. We broke out a bag and everyone had a couple before retreating to the warm house. We had fun and my spirits were lifted.

No comments: