I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A few of my favorite things


I'm not Oprah or Julie Andrews but here are a few things that make my heart go pitter patter. Christmas is coming so maybe you will find some ideas here for someone in your life.
I have a new found love for Anthropologie. I am not a big bird person but these sweet puffer measuring cups are so cute!This apron I am sure would make all of my dishes taste sweeter, don't you think?



I have also been trying not to salivate over a few books over at Amazon lately. If you haven't spent anytime reading anything from Pioneer Woman, you've been missing out. Her recipes, photography and general penchant for all things ranch are a lot of fun to read.


The Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving had me at hello. I checked it out from the library and found so many things in there that we use consistently that would be so easy to do at home ourselves.

And last, but most definitely not least is this scarf in soft teal fom J.Jill. Isn't it scrumptious? I know, I know. You can't taste color. But for me color has always been right up there with food. I have been known to call colors yummy, delicious, scrumptious and like butta (butter).


Now, onto thoughts of Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday of the year.

No comments: