I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Turkey and dumplings

Last Sunday I had the stomach flu. We had put in a turkey that morning and then it hit so Steve just removed all of the meat and put it away for another day. He also put the bones in the crockpot to cook down. The next morning I was feeling a little better but pretty tired overall.
Steve told me that he wanted me to rest so not to worry about dinner. He came home, blew off all the leaves out front and then made dinner. Bless that man. Turkey and dumplings is one of our favorite meals but there are never enough dumplings. Steve decided to fix that so the pot above was served as well as the pot below.


We just cook the bones off until we get a nice broth, add in some of the meat and whatever seasonings suit us. The key to great dumplings is plenty of room for them to "swim" and to let them rest for about 10 minutes before dropping them into the "pool". This meal tastes so good and it was great on my healing stomach.

No comments: