I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Let the summer begin.

The kids and I decided that we wanted to have a picnic today. We made tuna, egg and pickle salad sandwiches and cut up some apples. A nice blanket and some grass provided all that we needed.
I thought it would be a good time to talk about plans for the summer. Who we would like to have over, talk about favorite VBS's we would like to go to as well as get ideas from the kids on what they would like to do this summer.

We made a list mostly for my sake. I tend to forget some things and then the summer gets away from us and before we know it is school time again. I am hoping the list will help keep me on track. Shortly after the planning and eating parts were over, this little guy yelled my way...

"Hey Mom, look! I'm just hangin' around."

Looks like it's going to be one enjoyable summer.

No comments: