I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Desperate times...

call for desperate measures. We had a nice thunderstorm yesterday with quarter sized hail predicted. While the hail didn't come to our backyard, the heavy, heavy rains did. My two oldest and I rain through the yard getting thoroughly soaked, finding buckets or any other container to turn upside down on the small plants coming up in our garden. Lightening was striking fairly close by and the thunder was intense. It was an adventure the kids will talk about for awhile I think.

These plants have been work and cost money. I wasn't going to lose them so easily.


I am happy to report that our efforts were not in vain and harvest is still on schedule. And strangely, we discovered that we have enough buckets for three harvests. It's not a pretty picture but it worked!

No comments: