I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Garbage Day

It's one of the most exciting days around here. Each Thursday Lij and the little boy that is here on that day yell for each other when the yard debris, recycling and garbage trucks roll in. First they run to the living room to watch the trucks pickup in the cul-de-sac.


Then they run like crazy upstairs to watch the trucks pick up our stuff on the other side of our driveway. The experience is not complete unless they can see our stuff go. It does not lose it's luster and the reaction is the same week after week. I need to remember to open those blinds next week. (Don't worry plant lovers, I have since watered the plant and it has recovered beautifully.)

No comments: