I posted last week about not having very many traditions and asked for some ideas. Apparantly, I was just in a momentary lapse of brain function. As the last week has left us more and more traditions have emerged. So here is my list of all things tradition in our house with two new ones.
1) Decorating something gingerbread, cookies or houses.
2) Purchasing a new Christmas book each year.
3) Taking the kids shopping for each other.
4) Delivering toys as a family for the Toys for Tots program.
5) Decorating the tree to Christmas music while eating candy canes.
6) Putting together little gifts for our neighbors.
7) New pj's for everyone to be opened Christmas Eve.
8) Christmas Eve Service followed by a pajama ride. We come home and change into our pj's. Then we load up the car with kids and hot chocolate and head out to look at Christmas lights. We read our new Christmas story before bed.
After looking at that list, I don't feel so bad about not having any traditions. It was my kids who reminded me of how many we do have. Good thing we have little people living around here to remember things for me.