I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Teriyaki chicken and vegetables

Recipe for the teriyaki marinade at the bottom. I use one large package of chicken legs or thighs and let them sit in the marinade in the fridge all day.

About an hour before dinner I start the brown rice since it takes quite awhile.


Then I find my good looking hubby, bat my eyes and he starts the grill.

Then about 10 minutes before the chicken and rice is done, I saute 4 green and red peppers and half a red onion in a little butter. A few minutes before they are done I add the remaining teriyaki sauce from the chicken. Make sure you let it boil for a bit since it was on the raw chicken.



Then I serve the chicken and veggies scooping out some of the cooked sauce and ladle it over the rice. Yum!



Teriyaki marinade
Place the following ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
3/4 cup sugar
4 TBSP olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves finely diced
2 tsp ground ginger
4 TBSP red wine vinegar
Total cost for dinner with marinade was a little less than $7, it should be even less when our veggies start coming off in the garden.

No comments: