I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Garden oh my garden

I think I might be a tad obsessed with my garden this year. It has never before looked so well. I am sure that I still have a lot to learn but the plants are looking healthier than any other plants I have tried to grow.


Those pretty little purple flowers will soon turn to beans.



I could sit and watch them grow everyday. In fact I have been known to chat on the phone and do that very thing. My talented hubby built a bench along the side of the garden shed. It's the best place to sit and anticipate the veggies.



I anticipate these the most. Orange. Can you see the orange? Cherry tomatoes, working their way to being ripe. I mean really, orange is the new black. At least during gardening season it is.

This was the garden in early May. A blank canvas.


It's amazing how the garden changes in just a couple short months. That blank canvas has now been transformed and I will use it's produce to make art in my kitchen. Salsa, pickles, canned green beans and potatoes for the winter, tomato sauce, carrots for soup and the list goes on.
What are you growing? Have you tried something new this year?
Garlic clove and cubed cheese bread recipe coming tomorrow.

No comments: