I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Make and Share Monday!


There is a new blog party happening every Monday called Make and Share. It is co-hosted by Katie and Kristy each Monday. Make something, blog about it and then head on over to the hosting gal's blog and list your post link on their blog. While you are there click on the other links there and get some great ideas.

This week I had some fabric I had purchased that I love and wasn't sure what to make with it. I sew a little but am not a seamstress by any stretch and so the fabric has sat. The girls are a little low on church clothing so I thought I might be able to pull off a simple elastic waist skirt. There are two fabrics that go together but for the first try I thought I would stay easy and just use one.





Side seams, sew a top pocket for elastic and a hem. I thought that it shouldn't be too hard and it really wasn't.



It came out a tad shorter than I had planned but I will lengthen it on the next one. It took me less than an hour, not too bad for a new outfit for next Sunday, eh?



I am wondering if I could make a matching hankerchief or headband for her hair with both fabrics. Hmmm, I better get on that.

3 comments:

Mommy's Gems said...

I really like that fabric! You did a great job on the skirt. I hope to see how/if you do a matching bandana/hairpiece. Thanks for linking with us today.

Chas said...

Really nice job, the fabric is great! Wonderful job. :)

Anonymous said...

I really like it too! I had picked up the material to do little skirts for my girls and was making it too hard... thanks for the post.
Amanda