I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Breakfast a la daddy

Years ago Steve started a tradition at our house. After cooking all week long I would be tired of cooking so he decided that Saturday mornings would be his time in the kitchen. The kids love it when he goes all out. Often times I will come down after sleeping in a bit to a kitchen full of food and kids working with their dad. What a great way to start the weekend!

There are homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, you name it. If it's a breakfast food it will make it into the rotation. This last year he also added waffles with homemade strawberry syrup and whipped cream. Truly I am spoiled with this man.

No comments: