I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, July 21, 2008

A reading meme

Lori tagged me so here we go. (Even if it is 9 days later. Please forgive me, Lori!)

1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? My mom read to us a lot growing up so I am guessing that how it was developed for me.

2. What are some books you read as a child? The Little House Series and Nancy Drew mysteries is all I remember.

3. What is your favorite genre? I lean more towards non-fiction as I like practical stuff that applies to my life or makes my life easier.

4. Do you have a favorite novel? Hmmm, this is a tough one. Not sure I can answer so I won't.

5. Where do you usually read? In bed or on vacation. I get interupted too much anywhere else.

6. When do you usually read? Right before I fall asleep at night. Reading makes me tired and helps me shut my brain down.

7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Always more than one book.

8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? Nope, I am a creature of habit.

9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? The books I read have usually been given to me or I check them out at the library.

10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? I keep only a small portion of the books I read. I do not like to store them so I only keep the ones that I was really moved by. I give others away, sell them at garage sales or donate them.

11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? We love Anne of Green Gables, the Little House books and Abeka readers so far.

12. What are you reading now? A Mother after God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George and The Shunning by Beverly Lewis.

13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list? Not really. It would probably help me though.

14. What’s next? Probably going to do a Beth Moore Study next.

That was fun! Ok, I tag
Brooke and Kelli again!

No comments: