I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Did you think I forgot about you?

The day last week was so busy that we ended up living through it, packing up for the beach and leaving the next day without posting about it. I figure blogging is for remembering life so I will catch you up if you missed us. We got a lot accomplished. Here is the pan for lasagna that we made. Too bad in the midst of being busy I didn't take a picture of the finished product. It was beautiful, quite delicious and very heavy.

We moved on to strawberries and the kids were a big help as is usual. We stemmed, washed them and made jam. Not sure if you can see it, but I believe there is a slight pinkish hugh around Els' mouth. One of the benefits of helping mom make jam.

This girl is a master stemmer. She flew through those strawberries and enjoyed a few herself. She's gonna be a great momma.

So there they are. Eleven yummy jars of jam and, thanks to my husband, enough crushed strawberries for five more batches in the freezer. Some will be made into jam and some will be used for strawberry lemonade and shortcake this summer. Isn't it grand?

Stay tuned for beach pictures...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are good!! Are these strawberries you grew yourself?

Anonymous said...

oops that post was from me Kelli...

heartchild said...

I wish we had grown the strawberries. We actually just decided this year to add a strawberry bed in back since we seem to be buying them most every year. So next year maybe we will have enough in our own yard!

Brooke said...

The lasagna was delish, thanks for a yummy dinner!

Anonymous said...

oh ok. I remember that post I think ... and again was so impressed.

have a good weekend,
Kelli