I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sardines

Have you ever played Sardines? Or rather have you ever watched 9 kids ages 3-10 play Sardines? We had some friends over and my husband got the kids playing this game. If you have never played then you are in for a treat. It's hide and seek backwards..sort of. In Sardines everyone counts except the hider. The hider runs and hides while everyone counts. When the counters are finished they run off to find said hider. When a counter finds a hider he/she hides with the hider. As everyone finds the original hider they all hide together until there is one person left and he/she becomes the new hider. Clear as mud?

You haven't really lived until you have seen 9 kids try to fit into a doghouse. Thus the name Sardines. I think they may have gotten to the fourth person when they decided it wasn't going to happen.


Top the game off with the rest of the evening by the fire in the backyard and you have a recipe for a great time.

I hope you are enjoying the beginning of your summer. We are.

No comments: