I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pluto and other things

We were discussing the possibility that Pluto will no longer be considered a planet.

Em says "Well then Pluto is the most famous rock in outer space." Pretty clever isn't she?

In other happenings we just got back from a few days at the beach and how nice it was. Great weather and lots of fun. We played in the ocean, ate good food, played games and visited with family. It was a recipe for good times and it came out well even if I did end up almost waist deep with a 26 pound cold little boy on my back crossing the rocky river barefoot. Time for some water shoes I think.

Today we are writing speeches and that is no small task. The kids are required to give a 3-5 minute speech over the phone to their teacher from the online charter school. Writing has been a large hurdle this year. So writing more than a couple paragraphs has been challenging. Bub decided his speech would be about our state and Lil is writing about what she would do if she were president. It is not boring reading. From Lil's rules of the road to Bub's fishing and hunting they have no shortage of interesting ideas. It's been fun listening to what they come up with. Later on I will head to a curriculum sale. A friend and I are trading babysitting for it and I am looking forward to the time to look around.

I plan to enjoy the day and hope that you enjoy yours.

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

Angie,
Oh, I was worried I wouldn't be able to contact you regarding the smock I'm making your daughter!!! I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment on your blog (which I will have to visit!!!) like this! Would you mind emailing me at earthmuffins@msn.com regarding your smock? Thank you!
~Ericka (heartathome2 at the Wooodshed)