I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My favorite sound...

is the sound of my kids worshipping and singing to the Lord. Last night Em was taking a bath and we were all treated to her own rendition of several worship songs. Then this morning Bub was singing along with the radio, eating his breakfast and working on some string art he and his dad started last night.

It does my heart good and stirs emotions that come with tears. I remember the day before my wedding I was packing up my room at home. I had put on a worship CD and was singing at the top of my lungs not knowing anyone was nearby. At one point I turned around and saw my dad standing there with tears in his eyes. He hugged me and told me how proud he was of me. There was a lot of history beind that moment but I think I understand a bit of what he was feeling, though not completely. Last night and this morning I had a glimpse into that moment. There is something so deep and right watching them in their own thoughts and listening to songs of praise on their lips.

No comments: