I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This man


This man...
...(while I was out grocery shopping and unaware) got all of the laundry caught up before he went on a business trip last week.
...helped me plant my salad garden, potatoes and Mother's Day flowers when he got back from said business trip.
...made me breakfast and lunch on Mother's Day.
...gives all that he has at work even when he doesn't feel like it.
...listens to me ramble on about nothing.
...isn't afraid to do "women's work" and in the process makes himself look like a real man.
...lives out the definition of team work in our marriage.
...shows the kids on a daily basis what a good husband looks like.
...in light of tight finances helped me plant flowers from seed for the yard this year.
...comes home after a long day and makes dinner when it looks like my day might have been just as long.
...loves me like no one else could.
And this woman is grateful.

2 comments:

a mama and her boys said...

awww..yay steve! I knew there was a reason I liked hanging out with you guys....so Steve can rub off on Jon a little ;)

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. You have been blessed. May we never take our blessings for granted. In an age when women enjoy putting men down like a sport. Thank you for elevating so many things worthy of praise.