I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering

Today we went to the cemetery where my daughter and father-in-law are buried. It was decked out with flags along the perimeter and roadways. The cemetery is normally cleaned up and mowed the week before but the flags were a new and beautiful tribute this year.

This cemetery is outside of a little town we used to live in when our daughter was born. When Steve's dad passed away it made sense to the family that he would be buried next to her. A fact that comforted me when we moved from that little town. I know she's not really there but there was a part of me that felt like I was deserting her when we re-located.
It is so pretty up in the cemetery on the hill and the view is breath-taking in almost every direction.


We placed flowers and admired the flags that were placed next to each head stone of someone who had served in the military. Steve's dad served in the Korean War and had one of those flags. Someone had been there before us, presumably from the family, and added some flowers to our little girl's place as well as several small flags in front of Steve's dad's stone.


May we never forget.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's beautiful Angie