I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stuff

There is so much "stuff" going on these days. Locally and globally. It can get so overwhelming at times. Where do I give my attention, where I can make the most difference?

My immediate concern is of course my family. We are doing well but there is always training to be done, papers to correct, rooms to clean and laundry to fold. All of that is in a fairly natural rhythym. But there are some other situations that we are closely involved with that make the load heavier.

Add to that the things going on in the rest of the country and beyond and it makes my "stuff" look so trivial. But these situations really aren't trivial, they are are in my everyday and are in my sphere of influence so I can't ignore them as much as I would like to. It does put them in perspective, though.

Sorry to be so cryptic. We are making some decisions, nothing earth shattering. But making them involves me saying I can't do something. And in that decision is wrapped a bright shiny package of failure. I realize saying no doesn't mean I have failed, I know that in my head, anyway. But I am a people pleaser so saying no for me is hard. Really hard.

No comments: