I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday...sweet Thursday

Thank goodness it is Thursday. The first three weekdays are very busy this time of year. Basketball takes up all three nights and Awana is Wednesday as well. I get very excited about Thursdays becasuse we have nothing planned and dinner can be at a normal time. We have been sick around here and while the kids are all on the mend it seems that it's my turn. The cold has taken over and I am now laying low. The kids are working on their basics and helping me put away all of the laundry we did yesterday between lessons.

A lot of motherhood is taking care of everyone else and I always feel like I need to not get sick. Steve needs to work, kids need to be schooled and fed and the house needs to be kept up. Who will do it if I am sick in bed? My kids and husband never cease to amaze me, though. Bub brought tears to my eyes this morning with a sweet gesture. He warmed up his ricebag, placed it my shoulders and said, "I thought you might like to use this." Oh, it felt so good on this achy body. Little gestures go a long way in making someone feel cared for. It really doesn't take very much.

I am off to the couch now to rest and correct math papers. I need to be well and rested up for girls day on Saturday. Shopping at the outlets with my mom and sisters and I can't wait!

No comments: