I am wife to a magnificent man and mother to five wonderful children. Three of my children were born in the Northwest and two were born thousands of miles away in Liberia, West Africa. Birthplace is no matter, all of my children were born in my heart. This is our journey.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

We hit triple digits!


Yep it was over 100 degrees yesterday. We enjoyed the evening at a waterpark for a party celebrating the track season. There was lots to do for all ages and the park is well run so I felt comfortable with the older ones running around from place to place. There was the huge waterslide, water channel with a current that was so fun and the swings and giant water guns that the little ones could play with.
Then last night I was awakened to the sound of thunder rolling at 1:00am. What strange weather. Welcome to the Northwest.
Tonight we spent an hour as a whole family for the first time in our pool at home. We had so much fun playing with the beachball, making our own whirpool and just getting exercise in general. We decided that we most definitely are going to enjoy this pool. Other than me taking out the ladder and nearly knocking Lij back into the water during whirlpool time, we really enjoyed ourselves. We really had quite the current going. I may suffer some bruises but in the name of family fun I am no worse for wear. The kids were beat this evening as they headed off to bed. Now that's worth it's weight in gold isn't it?

No comments: